A prime holiday destination, East Belgium has something to offer active types and connoisseurs all year round.
Furthermore, St. Vith is an ideal point of departure for excursions in the Ardennes, Eifel, the High Fens or to Luxembourg and Germany.
ACTIVITIES IN ST.VITH:
- The multiple award-winning cycling path "Vennbahn" (125km - average climb: 2%) and the "Ravel" network (180km - max: 3% gradients) starts directly at our hotel. E-Bike rental - also for groups (upon request).
- Intersection network "Velotour": 850km signposted cycle paths. The "St. Vither Land Route" leds through small villages of the Belgian Eifel.
- Mountainbike parc and many tours trough the woods of St. Vith and surrounding.
- GPS-rental for mountainbiker and cyclists in the tourist office St. Vith.
- A lot of hiking trails, including 14 pleasure hikes of max. 12km, going trough the region.
- NEW! „GO Eastbelgium“ the online route planner and mobile app to assemble the most beautifull hiking trails in the the south of eastbelgium: www.eastbelgium-hiking.com
- 9-hole pitch & putt golf course with putting green and driving range. Three wonderful golf coursesare situated in a radius less than 30 minutes away.
- Skiing and hiking trails, ski rental and a 2,5km forest edcational trail in the neighbouring village Rodt.
SIGHTSEEING IN ST.VITH:
- Der Büchelturm: Last historical witness of the time before the great desaster in winter 1944-1945, when the city was completely distroyed.
- Das Heimatmuseum: museum of local history
- Die Pfarrkirche: the parish church
- Tour through the history: guided walking tour (Sunday - 11.30 am) - advanced reservation required.
- Historical tour: several picture boards remembering the time before the destruction.
- Der Planetenweg (planet trail): 4 km long hiking trail, which shows the unimaginable vastness of the univers.
- The St.- Bartholomäus Chapel in Wiesenbach, built in the 9th century.
PLACES OF INTEREST IN THE SURROUNDINGS:
NEW! Listening tours through the region - via iPod, Smartphone or MP3-Player - available in the tourist office St. Vith.
- Schieferstollen Recht - slate mine
- Biermuseum Rodt
- Montenauer - Ardennes ham smokehouse
- Ardenner Cultur Boulevard
- Spa-Francorchamps race track
- Botrange Nature Center
- Action & Fun Karting Center
- The "Ourtal" - Castle ruin of Reuland
- Castle Reinhardstein
- Abbey of Stavelot
- 44 Historical Center Baugnez
- Brewery Bellevaux
Malmedy, Stavelot, Monschau (D), Prüm (D), Trier (D), Vianden (L)
More information about St. Vith and Eastbelgium on www.st.vith.com and www.eastbelgium.com
Tourist Info St. Vith: 0032 (0)80/280 130 or email@example.com